Monday, October 7, 2013

I Don't Even Know Where To Begin!

Family and Friends, 
 
What a wonderful opportunity it is to hear from you and to email you back! This week has been so crazy with transfers and training and conference! But what a wonderful week it has been! I am so excited to tell you about my week, but honestly I don't know where to begin! So I guess I'll just start with last Monday! 
 
One of the Elders in our District got transferred so we had to take pit cures again! This time it was in front of a GIANT painted Mickey Mouse! It was super fun! We taught Tonya and she seems really interested! But she had to cancel our appointment later this week :( but we're still hopeful!
 
Tuesday Sister Banks and I went down to transfers! It was a great experience yet again! There are so many new missionaries coming out! (30 this time!) So a lot of new areas were being opened to both Elders and Sisters. I know what everyone is waiting for! My new companion! Her name is Sister Perez and she is from California! She is so great and so ready to work! 
 
Wednesday was great, we saw the Johnson's (a less-active family). They are so sweet, but have a lot of concerns about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. After they were baptized they got into some anti-Mormon literature. But we're helping them see what's doctrine and what's not. 
 
Thursday we had District meeting! It was crazy, but good! It was crazy because they did away with the Spanish Districts so the Spanish Elders were in our district and Gibsonville and Burlington (which they are also in a tri-companionship) and us! But it was so good!! 
 
Friday we got to see Sister Moore and Sister Tate (wonderful older ladies). 
 
And Saturday! General Conference! OHMYGOODNESS! I wish conference could be every week! I learned so much! And if you did not get a chance to watch any of the sessions I highly suggest going back and reading or watching them. I don't think I can pick a favorite this time around. They were all so amazing and inspiring. But I'll just hit some highlights from the sessions:
  • I cannot believe there are 80,333 missionaries and my companions and I are 3 of them! 
  • Also 15 million members of the church! That is just showing how much the work is hastening! 
  • Elder Hales' talk was wonderful in starting conference with "This is His Conference!" 
  • Elder Dube's talk, ohmy! "It's not about where we have gone or what we have done, but where we are willing to go."
  • President Utchdorf's whole talk was just amazing! "First doubt you doubts before you doubt your faith."
  • Elder Nielson (apparently came to the mission last December), his talk was so Exclamatory! I loved his enthusiasm about how we do need a game plan and that game plan is in the scriptures! 
  • President Eyring's and Elder Oaks talks work so well with each other. Love God first. Don't put anything higher than Him. 
  • Elder McConkie's talk on teaching with power and authority. I know we can each learn something from his talk. 
 
I invite all of you to continue to read over the conference talks, I know that they will help you in your every day lives. Friends and Family, Brothers and Sisters, I love you all! I would love to hear the many things you learned from conference next week in your emails or in letters :) 
 
It is always great to hear from you! I love you!
 
Love, 
Sister Loosle 

No comments:

Post a Comment