Monday, March 24, 2014

There will come a point in time where we will have to choose between that which is right and that which is easy.

Name that movie! Okay so I probably butchered the quote because I've never seen the movie! (I know blame my parents they apparently did not educate me with Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, but we all forgive them!) but for those of you like me who've never seen it, it's from Star Wars. Gandalf says it to Frodo? I think. If I'm wrong I'm sorry! Remember I didn't raise me ;P just kiddin'!! We love my parents!

The reason for the quote because one of the speakers yesterday in church quoted it. All the speakers talked about the Armor of God (Eph. 6:11-18). And the quote was said in context of, are we keeping on the armor of God? It may not be easy, but it will be worth it in the end.

So this week has been really eventful! Both good and bad. I really won't talk about the bad, but I will go into detail about the good. Because really, that's what you want to hear.

We met Teresa this week! She was a referral from church head quarters from 2010. The Elders have been checking on her every couple of months to see if she was interested or not. Well we decided to see who she was. She's amazing! She loves her church, but she also loves learning and really understands the importance of asking God. We gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to read it. To which she said "I will this time!" Because missionaries have given it to her in the past, but she hasn't read it. She said so that the next time missionaries come by, she'll know what to talk about! I really home she opens up more to the restored gospel and the Book of Mormon.

On Saturday the Elders had another baptism for Jacob who's 14. His mom is coming back to church now too! It was a great service. Sister Lineberry (really really funny old lady) took us to the baptism and afterward got us Sonic. I haven't had Sonic in over 9 months! I had an Ocean Water (of course) and it was so good and brought back memories!
:)

Anyway, Sister Lineberry's less-active daughter is staying with her, and they both came to church! And her daughter is reading the Book of Mormon and her testimony is growing. It's so amazing seeing the change in people. Yesterday she said she has been a non-smoker for one month! All by herself! And going cold turkey! It's amazing what God can help us do, when we let Him.

So I have to tell this story, for the sole purpose of showing just how much The Lord is in the details of our lives and knows where we need to be when we need to be there:

So yesterday Sister Idol (our recent convert) was not at church. Which is not like her at all. But she's been getting lots of questions from people about why she joined the church, so we were worried that might have gotten to her. After church we tried calling her and so did her cousin Sister McNeill. None of us could get a hold of her. So after a great lesson with Ella and her parents we were heading home and Sister Reading asked if we should go see Sister Idol. We tried calling again and no answer, so we went to her house. Both of her cars were there. So we knocked on her front door, side door, and back door. No answer. At this time I'm starting to get worried (I've seen WAY too many criminal shows!!) But that's besides the point. So we think, maybe she got a ride to work. So we start to leave when her son (who lives next door) come over wondering who's walking around his moms house. He recognizes us from her baptism and tells us she's in the hospital! So we head over there! She had had emergency surgery the night before, for a double hernia. Scary! But she's okay! And healing. She's works so much and her kids and us are scared she's going to work herself to death. It was close, but she's good now. Thank goodness! We were at her house at the right time. Because her son had come home to check on his pets and then was headed back to the hospital. I thank God that we were there at that time, so that we didn't worry about her all night.

Hope all is well! And this week is going to be a week of miracles! And amazingness!

Love,

- Sister Loosle

1 comment:

  1. I think the actual quote is:

    “We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.”
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) – Dumbledore

    Which comes from neither Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete