Tuesday, January 21, 2014

So Much Good!

Hello! 

Oh my goodness this week was so good! I'm so excited to tell you all about it! But I don't think I can. So heads up on this email might be a bit long! 

On Tuesday we taught Cintia, Sister Miranda's friend. She is so great! She's from Brazil and has this cute little dog! We just stopped by, we had met her once before with Sister Miranda (who moved to Boston 2 weeks ago). We taught her about where the Book of Mormon came from and why it's important. Sister Miranda had shared one with her earlier and she had been reading it (from random parts). So we suggested she read it like a story, because it is! :) 

Wednesday was Zone Conference. OHMYGOODNESS! It was so amazing! I wish I could tell you everything! My favorite thing that Sister Craven says though is "I'm special,I I'm not special." Meaning we're all special because we're children of God, but we're not special enough that the rules and commandments don't apply to us. President Craven talked about the Law of Chasity at the end of Zone Conference. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop! But it was so good! 
We also learned about how Good and Evil are parallel's, they will never touch. If you want to do evil, you'll jump to that line, you can't be in the middle. There really is no "gray area". 

We found the Peralta's on Thursday! They are a Catholic family, but were so open to us teaching them. They even said our beliefs' weren't all the different! Because they aren't! :) Oh Thursday was such a great day! With weekly planning in the morning and finding and teaching all day long! We taught Sister Price, who came to church! She is so amazing! She has really opened up since we first started seeing the Price's. She was born and raised Southern Baptist (and they do not like the Mormons), so it IS a HUGE deal that she keeps inviting us to come over. We're hoping this week she'll stay for all 3 hours of church. I know she'll be able to know the church is true as she does that and reads (which she's doing with her husband) the Book of Mormon. We also taught Chris at the mall. Mall lessons are so weird, but interesting. The mall here is so DEAD! So it's nice and quiet place to teach. Although the lesson wasn't very spiritual it's always nice to talk to Chris. And we've started teaching his brother, Cody, on Facebook! 

Friday, I got a package from my BEST FRIENDS!!! :) Oh I love them! We taught Sister Brewington (Less-active) the Plan of Salvation. She had never heard it before. Crazy! But that's why were here! She is working out her schedule so she can come to church on Sunday! :) 

On Saturday we found the Young's. They are great! We taught them the Restoration and have a return appointment for Saturday. We are so excited to teach them! 

Sacrament Meeting on Sunday was just so perfect. I mean PERFECT! It was so spiritual and just great! All the talks focused on Christ and learning from His example, and apply the parables He taught in our lives. Just wonderful! 
Then in Sunday we talked about Heavenly Father and His role in our lives. And in Relief Society we talked more about Jesus Christ. It was just so amazing! 
We taught a lesson to a man named Ahmed (Ackmed) (like Ahmed the Dead Terrorist, I'm serious when I say, that he told us his name and that is what I thought of, really sad, but still). I learned more about what Muslims believe and he learned more about what we believe so it was good.  

Monday - Martin Luther King, Jr Day. Well because it was a holiday we were out working, which is why you are getting this email today! It was a good day though! 

Love,
Sister Loosle

Remember the Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect. And Jesus Christ is the Head of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He leads the church through a prophet. I know this to be true for myself. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, as is the Bible. And I love both of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment