Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year Friends and Family! 

Let me start out by saying, I cannot believe 2014 is here. I know I've said that for the past X amount of weeks, but really! It's crazy!

Tuesday - Happy (Belated) Birthday Mom! :) I heard Whitley, Leona, and D'Auriel stopped by. I hope that was fun! I definitely miss them! 
 
Since it was the last day of the month and we had about 60 miles for the month left, we went to the boarder! :P All the way in Haw River, which is close to Mebane. We found some great new investigators out there! They are just so far away!!! 
 
Wednesday - 2014! I was a little sad that I don't have my journal from last new year with me to see all my goals and stuff, but that's okay I think I accomplished most of them! (a lot having to do with mission stuff :P) The Gayniers (a family in the ward) made us homemade pizza for dinner! It was so good! :) I also made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast! 
 
Thursday - We taught Sister Hinrichs and the Prices (both came to church!!) They are so wonderful! Sister Hinrichs, a less-active, wants to be a good example to her kids and grand-kids (and husband) so she's coming back to church! And she quit smoking 2 years ago, just by praying and asking God for help! The Prices are a part-member family. Sister Price is not a member and is a devote Southern-Baptist, but she's warmed up to the church a LOT! We're teaching her slowly! Brother Price use to be an Area Seventy! But he's less-active now. But he still has a testimony and I think he really wants to come back, but not without his wife! 
 
Friday- I am so glad for a washing machine and dryer in our apartment! When ever we go to less-active or investigators who smoke, our clothes ALWAYS smell! So we throw them into the washer! But that's not the point! We had a great lesson with Sharnelle on Friday. She's been taught by the missionaries before about 3 years ago. It was a very confusing lesson, but the spirit was there and I hope she felt it. 
 
Saturday- We helped with the Primary activity! It was so much fun! :) I love kids!!!!! :) Today was my 180th day in North Carolina! 
 
Sunday - We started 9AM church. It's so hard not to study in the morning or to only get 20 mins in. But church was so good! We talked about the Final Judgment and Saints for All Seasons. We also gave up the car :P Boo! But it's okay! We have a great story from last night! So remember about 2 or 3 months ago when I told you we got the police called on us because we were "3 suspicious girls"? Well we were knocking in a neighborhood near our apartment around 6:30/7 PM It wasn't even that late! But it was dark! We needed to get home for an appointment a member was picking us up for, so we get on our bikes are start heading home. Well Sister Perez sees 2 cop cars drive into the neighborhood as were riding out and says, "Someone probably called the cops on us again" jokingly of course! next thing I know Sister Perez is telling me to pull into the bank parking lot. I'm confused, but the cops pull in and one gets out to talk to us. Apparently you're not suppose to "solicit" after dark, but he realized we weren't soliciting! So we didn't do anything wrong. He said someone had called because they were worried we were burglars. Can you please tell me how 2 young women in skirts look scary?!? We've had guns threatened on us and almost pulled on us and police called us way to many times! People need to lighten up and not be so worried! We're just trying to share the gospel!!! :) 
 
I love and miss you all! 
 
Love, 
Sister Loosle 

No comments:

Post a Comment