Monday, January 13, 2014

Bikes and Freezin' Weather!

Well the beginning of this week it was freezing weather. So on Tuesday we went out at 10AM to go to Barns and Noble for Facebook. Well as we were biking, we came to a stop light and I couldn't pull my breaks to stop! So I tried to stop with my feet (not a good idea) and still crashed into Sister Perez! Apparently my breaks froze! I don't know how! But they did! So I didn't have a bike for over 24 hours. But finally the Elders came to look at my bike and "fixed" it. Well we can hope they did.

We also went on exchanges on Tuesday, so we didn't have any transportation while on exchanges. But they were still good! I stayed in Burlington with Sister Wright. And we saw Sister Hinrichs and Brother Jackson, who both came to church on Sunday!! But getting someone to come with us to Brother Jackson's appointment was a nightmare! The Harper's (who we ate dinner with) were going out of town the next day and needed to pack. The Shepherd's pipe burst because of the cold weather. And finally Bishop Coleman and his wife could come with us! And it was perfect! They said all the right things! We taught Brother Jackson the Plan of Salvation. He hasn't been to church in probably 40 years about! So we're teaching him everything. But he get's it! And he wants to come back to church!

We got Sister Mebane (a less-active sister, who is from Corpus Christi) to come out with us on Thursday to see some investigators. But our appointments weren't there :( But we still had fun! We also went to see Sister Reese (wife of 2nd councilor in the Bishopric) because her son just had surgery on his foot and we brought her doughnuts. Also on Thursday the Relief Society had their "additional meeting" or enrichment night if you will, called a Cookie "Exchange". And we talked about going on "exchanges" with the Sister Missionaries. Well there not really called exchanges they're called splits or teams, but it was a cute idea. And the cookies were good! Sister Perez and I talked about what to expect when we take the sisters out. Only 5 sisters showed up though, so we got LOTS of cookies.

On Friday I realized I turn 20 in one month. I don't know about any of you, but I'm scared of turning 20. It's like your officially an adult. No more teens. It's weird.

But back to the Friday, we had Zone Meeting and Zone Lunch, which is always fun. I sang a duet at Zone Meeting. We got a call at 8:30 AM (Zone Meeting started at 10) and the Zone Leaders asked if I could do a duet. Well what would you say? Of Course! I'd love too! With as little sarcasm as I can muster. But it was good!

Sunday was Ward Conference. Relief Society was on 1 Nephi 8 and 11, about the different people in Lehi's dream and how we all need to be rescued.

We went to Sister Mebane's and taught Family Home Evening, which was good! We made a gratitude tree. And then since she has a 20 year old daughter, who's also less-active, we got to watch the CES Devotional! OHMYGOODNESS it was SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! Elder Calister is amazing! I highly recommend all to listen or read his talk. It was about how the blue print for Christ's church is found in the New Testament and how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints follows that blue print to a T!

I love and miss y'all!

Love,
Sister Loosle

No comments:

Post a Comment