Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First Week

My first week in the MTC has been just amazing! I can't even begin to describe it!
Sister Tucker (my companion) is from Moses Lake Washington! She's so wonderful and I'm so glad we're companions! All the Sisters in my room (6) are amazing! I'll send pictures later today (Sister Kenyon has a memory card converted in the room).
I was really sad today because the Temple is closed for cleaning from July 1st to August 11th! But that's okay because I'm here to do the work for the living, not the dead.
On Friday Sister Tucker and I started teaching an investigator, Jason. He is progressing, which is wonderful! He said a prayer with us during our lesson yesterday. The spirit was so strong and Jason really just needed to know that God loves him and is his Father in Heaven.
Yesterday we started teaching Ivelisse, she didn't seem too interested in what we had to teach, but she said we could come back on Wednesday to teach her more about the Book of Mormon.
All of the Sisters in my district are amazing and we all get along (which is a plus). The Elders and awesome too! All but one of them just graduated from high school last month or something like that! Which is so crazy but so cool because they really are ready! And they don't seem like they are that young.
My Zone is just wonderful! The Sister Training Leaders and so cute! They are going to Pocatello Mission and the Idaho Falls Visitor's Center. Other Sisters from my zone are going to Temple Square and New Zealand. The Elders are going to LA! While the Elders in my district are going to Oklahoma City (4) and 2 are going to Charlotte with the all the Sisters in my district!

Oh! BYU Creamery Ice Cream is NOT as good as Aggie Ice Cream! We get Ice Cream on Sunday's and Wednesday's!
Speaking of Sunday! Sister Sherri Dew spoke in Relief Society. Her talk was just amazing and so spiritual! The devotional was just amazing too! Brother Robert Swensen and his wife spoke (He is the Director of Missionary Service or something like that). After the devotional my district watched Elder Bednar's talk on Character's of Christ that he gave in the MTC on Christmas two years ago.
Sorry all my other emails are so short, I have time limits. But I love and miss all of you! And would love to hear from you! (My parents have my addresses).
Love,
Sister Loosle

1 comment:

  1. I agree - Aggie Ice Cream is WAY better than BYU Creamery!

    They should import Aggie Ice Cream to the MTC so the missionaries know what real Ice Cream tastes like! :)

    ReplyDelete