Monday, September 29, 2014

Cold, Training, Baptism, and Women's Conference

This week got cold, but thank goodness we had the car! :)

 the Elders biked all the way to our side of the area on
Saturday (just to prove a point...) (and the competitive side of me is
coming out!)
On Tuesday we headed down to Charlotte for our trainer/trainee meeting. It was really good. There have been lots of meetings this month! But they are so wonderful! They really boost your spirits as missionaries.

After district meeting on Wednesday, our district went to Chick-Fil-A and I bought everyone something :) I know I'm so nice :P no I really have Eileen to thank for the gift card! I didn't want to use it all on myself, so I shared :) it was great! Our district is small, just us, our elders in Summerfield, and the Spanish Elders. This month we've been learning and talking all about the Book of Mormon and how it's the key to conversion!

Michelle's interview was on Thursday! It took over an hour! We were starting to get worried sitting outside with her kids and Elder Judd. But it was all good! :)

Michelle's baptism
Saturday was just the BEST DAY EVER!!!! Michelle's baptism was in the morning (see picture). And *drum roll* I sang a solo musical number during it. Sister Pulley played the piano. We preformed "Come unto Christ" the 2014 mutual theme. Everyone said it was really good. (Maybe you'll see it on Facebook in the coming week). The service itself was very nice. Members were involved and a good audience attended.

Then of course the Women's Conference was Saturday night! :) I loved Sister Marriott's talk and President Uchtdorf's talk. Sister Marriott's maybe because she's has the cutest southern accent! Don't be surprised if that's what I come home sounding like! :) and remember you are always a child of God. No matter what. It doesn't change! :)

Michelle's confirmation on Sunday was also so wonderful! The spirit was just resonating! And fast and testimony meeting was great afterward.

I love you all! And can't wait for conference this weekend! Let me know who was your favorite speaker next week! :)

P.S. Make sure Meet the Mormons comes to your area! And go and watch it! As missionaries we will get to see it :) the only movie I'll get to see on my mission!

- Sister Miriah Loosle -


what Sister Pulley and I did this morning! Gah! :o!
Cut my bangs!

what Sister Pulley and I did this morning! Gah! :o!
Cut my bangs!
  John 3:16-17
He came to save!

No comments:

Post a Comment