Monday, November 11, 2013

Transfers. . . Dun Dun Dun!!!!

Transfers are tomorrow and I bet you are just dying to hear what's happening! Well let me tell you I have never been more antsy (okay not entire true, when I got my mission call I was) than I was on Saturday. So we get a call from President Craven if you are training or opening a new area. Well all day every time the phone would go off my stomach dropped about 10 feet! So if you don't get a call all day, you have to wait for your district leader to call you at night and tell you who's going and who's staying. So we waited and waited! And at 10:20 at night (mind you we have 10 minutes til lights out) the phone goes off and who is it? President Craven! My heart and stomach dropped at that time. I answered and he said, "Sister Loosle you are staying in Burlington, can I talk to Sister Banks?" So I passed the phone to her and she left the room for a bit. When she got back she told us that she will be a new Sister Training Leader in Pineville (Just South of Charlotte, like Kyle is to Austin). We usually don't know where we are going until we get to transfers, but this was a special case. So guess who get's to drive starting Wednesday? This Sister!!! :) But really I am so sad that Sister Banks is leaving! I don't know what I'll do, but I know the Lord will guide me!

So the rest of this week: 

It was a week of Miracles! OHMYGOODNESS! On Monday night we got to see the Price family again (Part-member) with Sister Moore. And Sister Moore and Sister Price just clicked! It was so great! 

Tuesday we met David and Kristopher. David became a new investigator and is so ready for the gospel! I know that the Book of Mormon is true because of what happened with him! We shared Helaman 5:48 with him and then were talking more about the Book of Mormon. He told us how he just loves the Bible and just loves being able to open up the Bible and pick a random verse and it applies to him. So we invited him to do just that with the Book of Mormon and he opened to Helaman 14:12-13. It talks about Christ and the signs of His coming. He told us that is exactly what he needed to hear. It's amazing how true the Book of Mormon is and how wonderful God is.

Wednesday Tammy (a less-active) taught us how to make enchilada's. They were good, but I think mom's are still better :P But Sister Perez and Sister Banks didn't know how to make them at all! So it was fun! Then we taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a great lesson! I don't know if I told you, but she and her kids are from Texas :) 

We contacted Cheryl on Thursday. Her story is so interesting. So she's a media referral and she lives in Mebane (in the Raleigh Mission) but works in Burlington. So we visited her at work and taught a brief lesson of the Book of Mormon and gave her one to read. She is ready for the gospel and wants to learn more, but she works at the community college as a security guard so we can't teach her :/ So we're sending her information back and hopefully the Mebane Missionaries will be able to teach her. 

We had Zone Meeting on Friday and it was just amazing! We also had Zone lunch and that was really sad :( Because Elder Steenson (my District Leader) and Elder Masson (he use to serve in Burlington a year ago, and is now in Greensboro) are both going home. And at that time we didn't know who else was leaving out Zone. 

Saturday - well you know was just crazy! But we got to meet Jennifer (another less-active). She had a bad experience with the church in Las Vegas, but she's ready to try it out again for her daughter, Hope, who's 15 and wants to go to church. So they were both at church yesterday! It was amazing! We're hoping to teach Hope so she can be baptized in the next month or so and get Jennifer on track to go to the temple with her husband :) 

Sunday, we taught Gospel Principals :P We taught on Family History and Temple Work. It was good. Sister Elliot taught Relief Society and she told this quote from President Utchdorf that I love! 
"No, God does not need us to love Him. But oh, how we need to love God!

For what we love determines what we seek.
What we seek determines what we think and do.
What we think and do determines who we are—and who we will become."
Sunday after church the Elders and us ate lunch with the Simpsons'. They are so nice. They gave each of us a mug with hot chocolate! Then us Sisters helped Sarah (an investigator) with a project she is doing. She's crocheting together plastic bags to make a mat of some kind for homeless people. It's waterproof and insulated. So it's great! 

Then we went to dinner (again with the Elders) at the Mitchell's. And it was a crying fest. It was so sad, but so happy at the same time. Brother Mitchell started giving advice to Elder Steenson about when he returns home and so they were crying and Sister Banks hasn't stopped crying and I started crying and Sister Perez started crying and even Sister Mitchell started crying and she doesn't cry! But it was so good! 

This week was truly a week of miracles. And it confirmed to me that the church is true. Although I am sad to see Elder Steenson and Sister Banks go, I know they are going were they are needed at this time. I know the Lord is in even the smallest details of our lives. I love you all!

-Sister Loosle 

No comments:

Post a Comment