Saturday, June 1, 2013

Who? What? Where? When? and Why?

Who? - I am Miriah Loosle, but for the next 18 months I will be Sister Loosle. I am 19 years young and love life.

What? - An LDS Mission! This past October (2012) the Prophet of my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or Mormon to the common public) announced that Young Women, instead of serving a mission at 21, they can, if they want and are eligible, serve a mission at the age of 19. I was so excited when he made that announcement because I have wanted to serve a mission since I was 12.

Where? - On February 20, 2013 I got my call in the mail. I was up at school (Utah State) and I was so excited! For the next 18 months I will be serving in the North Carolina Charlotte Mission. The mission itself takes up about half of North Carolina (the west half).

When? - Ops already answered that! :P The next 18 months! To be more accurate, I will leave to the Mission Training Center in Provo on June 26, 2013 and to North Carolina a short 2 weeks later! It's crazy that I will only be officially trained for 2 weeks!

Why? - When I was about 12, my ward had a mutual night where we learned about Sister Missionaries. Some sister who had served and some who were serving came and talked with us. I don't remember what was said or even who was there, but I do remember the spirit that I felt when the sister bore their testimonies about missions. At that time I was struggling to find my own testimony about the church, but when I heard their testimonies, I knew they knew the church was true and I told myself that if I found out that the church was true, I would serve a mission, because I wanted to be like them. I wanted to share the gospel. A few years later my stake put on a musical called Savior Of The World. During rehearsals and performances, I gained my testimony. Since then I have wanted to share the gospel to everyone. At that time I planned to wait until I was 21 to serve a mission, but with the recent age change I have decided (through prayer and scripture study) that this is the right time for me to serve a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment