Monday, June 10, 2013

Boyfriends and Missions

My personal suggestion, don't get a boyfriend before you leave for your mission. Now don't get me wrong I love my boyfriend and he is awesome! But it just makes it that much harder to leave him behind and focus on the Lord.

I met him before the announcement for the younger age was made, but we didn't really become close friends until after the announcement. When we first got together I had doubts about going again. I starting thinking if this was what I was suppose to do, or was I suppose to stay home, get married sooner, start a family, etc. I prayed about it for a long time and knew that a mission was the right thing to do.

The reason I bring up the whole boyfriend thing now, is because he's coming this week, this week also being my farwell. I really can't wait to see him, but I'm also scared. I've gotten use to not seeing him everyday for the past month, and now he'll be in Austin for a week. We'll see how it goes.

But again, and don't get me wrong having a boyfriend is great, but if you're deciding to serve a mission, stay away from getting one. It hurts to leave them. And you never know what can happen while you're gone.

- (Soon to be) Sister Miriah Loosle

No comments:

Post a Comment