Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bible Bashers and Stake Conference

Happy Early Turkey Day!

I hope everyone has big plans for Thanksgiving! I know I do! Which brings in transfers! Duh duh duh! Well I'll be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas in Summerfield Ward! :) Sister Pulley is getting transferred :( but it'll be good. She's grown so much in the last 3 months and now it's her time to shine!

This week we ran into a bunch of people who just wanted to argue with us, or think we don't know Jesus, or believe in the same Christ. Lots of interesting conversations and I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of who God and Christ are. As I've come in contact with so many people I studied more on the subject of it. One thing I did was a personal study in the back of Preach My Gospel chapter 5. Where it says, compare Matthew 5-7 and 3 Nephi 12-14. Find what truths have been restored through the Book of Mormon. One thing I found very interesting in this study is the deity of God and Christ and their unity in purpose, but distinct beings.

For example:

1. Chapters 5 and 12 verses 21-22. God is taken out in the Bible. It's only the judgements. However, we know that they are the judgements of God and He deals them justly.

2. Verse 48 of the same chapter. Now we know that in the Book of Mormon, Christ has been resurrected and is a perfect being now, where in the Bible only Our Father was perfect. However, when speaking of Our Father in the New Testament, the word "who" was changed to "which" making God unpersonable. However, we know He is a glorified person. Not just this being thing, that is everywhere. He literally has a body of flesh and bone. We are made in His image, so He needs an image.

3. The Lords Pray was also a part where the person of God was changed to a "which" (see verse 9 of chapters 6 and 13).

4. Verse 11 of chapters 7 and 14. And also verse 21 of the same chapter.

These are just the examples in 3 chapters of scriptures. There are many others. And how grateful I am for knowledge that God and Christ are one in purpose, but are two different being, or perfect people. Sister Pulley's dad explained it more for us that the Godhead is like a presidency. God is the President, Jesus Christ the first councilor and The Holy Ghost the second councilor. God is presiding over the Plan of Salvation, but Jesus Christ is conducting the plan. Very insightful.

Stake Conference was wonderful! And oh my I saw so many Burlington people! :) it was great! I also got to see Chris! It was great! And I saw the Frei family! And the Coleman's, and the Reese's. Gah! It was great!

The messages were great too. All about setting goals and planning how to achieve them. Making a Family Gospel Plan for 2015. I encourage all to make one! Get together with your family. Set goals for how you can  Proclaim the Gospel, Redeem the Dead, and Perfect the Saints! :)

I love you all!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

- Sister Miriah Loosle -
      John 3:16-17
   He came to save!

No comments:

Post a Comment